Applying for Singapore Visa for your Friend
Citizens of some countries need a visa to enter Singapore. If you have friends or family that belong to those countries, you can do them a huge favor by applying as a local contact.
As long as you are a Singapore citizen or Singapore PR with SingPass, or director of a Singapore-registered business, you can help your friend get a visa. Please make sure that you actually know this person!
I only do this for people I know.
It can save them a lot of time and money. Most of the time, I do this for my friends from India. It’s much faster and it also costs less than them going to a visa agent.
The following instructions are for Singapore citizens and PRs who have SingPass.
- Before you start, send this PDF form to the person you are applying for the visa for
- Ask them to write down the answers to all the questions in a document, and send it to you. Also ask them to attach a passport photo in the right format
- Visit this ICA page and click on “Apply for a an entry visa as a local contact (Individual Users)”
- Log in with SingPass
- Click on “Individual Visa Application” to apply for 1 person, or “Family Visa Application” to apply for more than 1 person (they must be married; children above the age of 21 must have their individual applications)
- Fill in the form according to the information your friend provided you. Be sure to get their birthday, passport issue date and passport number correct.
- Upload their passport photo
- Pay: you can pay with American Express Cards, PayNow, or eNets (internet banking).
Save the application as a PDF. It will take 3 working days to receive a response, but in my experience it has been usually faster than that (next day has been the norm).
You can look up the status of your visa application here.
So far, I have applied for friends from many countries and I have not received a single rejection.
Please refer to ICA’s own documents for screenshots and more explanation for each step. These are all PDF files: